Monday, June 6, 2011

new friends seem to come so easy

Meeting with Michel today was like hanging out with my own personal celebrity. When she walked into the coffee shop, I was darn near giddy. We sat and talked for about 30 minutes. She told me about her life, her yoga journey, her family, her job and how it all related to yoga.

I just sat there, listening to her talk, smiling, blissful that she was being so open and friendly to me, a silly little novice yogi. She had to rush off to her next appointment and as she was hugging me goodbye she said, "Oh, yay! This was fun! Let's hang out again! I really like you!"

It was like my biggest crush checked the "yes" box. Not "maybe." Definitely not "no."

I went to a gentle yoga class after our meeting and spent most of my practice smiling, thanking whatever power brought me to yoga. Today was kind of a crap day for several different reasons, but after a 30-minute chat, followed by an hour-long class, I felt leveled out and a happy sense of peace.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment